FMCG GURUS – Opportunities and Challenges around Protein Hybrids – Global Report – 2023
This report discusses the growing phenomenon of protein hybrids within the food and drink industry. Specifically, those which combine both plant-based and animal-based protein sources. This report will examine consumers current dietary preferences, their views on protein hybrids, and how their potential can be utilized from an environmental and ethical standpoint.
This report will look at the following areas:
- Consumer diets: Analyzing consumers dietary preferences, regarding their meat and dairy intake, their views on meat and dairy alternatives, and their willingness to try protein hybrids. Helping to discover which consumers would find protein hybrids most appealing and how they could become a beneficial addition to daily dietary needs.
- Environmental Concerns: Discussing protein hybrids from an environmental standpoint and how they can be used to align with sustainability goals. Including environmental concerns from a consumer standpoint and how protein hybrids can help soothe concerns in an era of growing environmental awareness.
- Views of Protein Hybrids: Examining consumer views on protein hybrids, their potential and future opportunities, and current challenges that the industry could face relating to taste, labelling, and social acceptance.
How this can help the industry:
- Evolution in the Industry: As the food and drink industry continues to evolve, protein hybrids have the opportunity to become a significant driver of innovation in product development, sustainability, and helping to achieve consumer satisfaction by offering a more ethical and environmentally responsible food landscape.
- Challenges and Considerations: Whilst protein hybrids offer numerous advantages, this report provides a balanced perspective by acknowledging potential disadvantages. It sheds light on the challenges and obstacles in the plant-based sector and how this could be applied to protein hybrids to ensure a fair and realistic assessment.
- Demonstrating Value: This report offers valuable insight to the value of protein hybrids, how they can be used to improve the food and drink market from a nutritional and environmental standpoint. Whilst presenting potential challenges and how the industry can address this with realistic solutions.
Files included in this report: