FMCG Gurus – Dog Care – USA – Country Report 2023
This report explores consumer attitudes and behaviors towards Dog Health. The report examines consumers’ reasoning behind dog ownership and the timespan that they have owned their pet. We provide insight into the kinds of pet food products that consumers purchase, including how much is spent on certain food types. This report also reveals consumer purchasing habits and ingredients for pet food, including the factors and product attributes that are important to consumers. In addition, our findings explore consumer perceptions around high premium pet foods, as well as looking into the impact that the rising cost of living has had on purchasing habits recently.
This report will look at the following areas:
- Dog ownership, including the motivations for owning a pet, and how long consumers have had their pet for.
- The types of pet food that consumers purchase for their pet, including the amount spent on these types of food per month.
- The purchasing habits of consumers, including the appeal of certain product attributes. For example, the importance of price, trusted brands, health claims, nutritional profile and the taste of pet food products.
- Insights into the steps consumers are taking to ensure that their pet is a healthy weight.
- Consumer perceptions around high premium pet food products and what factors consumers consider as premium when shopping for these products.
- The impact of the rising cost of living on consumer purchasing habits and the actions consumers have adopted in response to this.
- Insights into the health claims that consumers like to see on products.
How this will help - Dog Health:
- Examine the purchasing habits of dog owners across food, treat, and supplement categories, and what attracts them to products at the point of purchasing.
- Understand what need states are prioritized when purchasing products for dogs, and how value-enhancing strategies can be developed in a recessionary environment.
- Identify what health issues are of the biggest concern to consumers, and what multi-benefit claims dog owners want to see on product packaging.
Files included in this report: