FMCG Gurus – Snacking Trends in UK – Country Report – 2023
This report explores consumer attitudes and behaviors towards snacking habits. The report offers insight into the topics of health and sustainability in the snacking market and consumer perceptions around these. Our findings explore consumer behaviors around quality and indulgence when it comes to seeking out snack products. In addition, our findings reveal actionable recommendations for brands in the snacking market when targeting consumers.
This report will look at the following areas:
- Insights into the meal’s consumers are more or less frequently skipping, such as breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- The most popular time of day that consumers snack.
- The types of snacks that consumers are turning to, as well as the different reasons why consumers snack.
- Whether or not consumers’ snacking habits have increased or decreased and the changes consumers are making in line with rising costs.
- Insights into the importance of health and sustainability for consumers when it comes to snacking, including the kinds of nutritional labelling, health claims, free-from claims and environmentally friendly claims that consumers check for when seeking out snack products.
- Consumer attitudes and behaviors around indulgent snacking.
- Consumer perceptions around more premium, high quality snacks and the product attributes which are considered most appealing.
- The various kinds of flavors that appeal to consumers.
How this will help - Snacking Trends:
- Monitor the evolution of snacking habits and how mealtime fragmentation is resulting in snacking becoming more considered and complex.
- Determine what shapes perceptions of value and creates brand identity, by understanding what consumers prioritize from a taste, nutrition, and sustainability perspective.
- Forecast how snacking habits will be impacted due to rising prices, and how the industry can respond to this.
Files included in this report: