FMCG Gurus – The Humanization of Pets – Global Report – 2023
This report explores the humanization of pets. The report offers insight into the reasons behind pet ownership. Our findings explore consumer attitudes and behaviors regarding indulgence and treats for their pets. In addition, our findings reveal consumer perceptions around health and wellness for their pet. The report offers actionable recommendations for brands in the pet care market.
This report will look at the following areas:
- The motivations behind why consumers own a pet.
- The emotions consumers associate with spending time with their pets.
- The proportion of pet owners who say great taste, and new, unusual, and exciting flavors are important when seeking out pet products.
- How often consumers give their pets food-based treats.
- The kinds of products consumers would consider purchasing to help monitor or improve their pet’s health.
- The key factors consumers consider when seeking out health and wellness products for their pet.
- The kinds of health and formulation claims consumers like to see on pet products.
- Consumer attitudes toward plant-based and vegan claims on pet products and the reasons for this.
How this will help - The Humanization of Pets:
- Evaluate the extent to which people see pets as part of the family and the extent to which emotional connection shapes their purchasing behavior.
- Develop strategies around health and indulgence that align with the array of needs states that consumers have when purchasing products for their pets.
- Understand the role of taste, nutrition, and ingredient claims, and how products can be positioned to offer maximum value.
Files included in this report: