FMCG Gurus – Clean Label Trends in South America – Regional Report – 2023
This report explores consumer perceptions and behaviors around clean labels on food and drink packaging. The report offers insight into consumers’ changing approaches to their health, through their diets and lifestyle choices. Our findings explore the kinds of natural and authentic claims and labeling that appeal to consumers when choosing between food and drink products.
This report will look at the following areas:
- Consumer awareness around the phrase “clean label” and thoughts on what consumers associate this phrase with.
- Attitudes and behaviors toward the naturalness of food and drink and how important consumers deem this.
- Product categories that are most important to consumers in terms of naturalness.
- How perceptions of value are shaped for food and drink, exploring the importance of natural coloring in food and drink and organic ingredients.
- Consumer attitudes towards regenerative farming and agriculture, and their perceptions of brands who are involved in this.
- Consumer attentiveness to ingredient listings. This includes the extent to which consumers are using methods of avoidance and moderation when buying food and drink products, which align with the health-conscious approach from many consumers.
- Insights into the most influential claims to consumers when choosing between food and drink.
- The challenges consumers are facing when reading nutritional labelling and the ways that brands can improve this.
Files included in this report: