FMCG Gurus – Foodservice Strategies to Adopt in a Recessionary Environment – Global Report in 2023
After the impact of the pandemic, the food service sector faces a new challenge in the form of economic uncertainty and price rises, which are impacting consumer confidence and spending habits. This report identifies four key strategies that the industry can adopt over the next 12/24 months – Direct to Consumer, Focus on Occasion, Brand Identity, and Affordable Indulgence – to target consumers who are becoming more budget-orientated, by leveraging value as opposed to cost-cutting.
This report will look at the following areas:
- How are consumption habits changing within the foodservice channel due to rising prices?
- How can the industry best respond to these changes without engaging in aggressive discounting?
- What can the foodservice industry do to encourage trade-up?
- What channels and need states must the industry target in 2023?
How this will help - Foodservice Strategies to Adopt in a Recessionary Environment - Global Report 2023:
- Develop strategies in a recessionary environment that help reduce price sensitivity and focus on experience and differentiation.
- Establish what key innovations consumers like to see within the foodservice channel from a taste, nutrition, and sustainability perspective.
- Help establish brand identity in the high street and how outlets can effectively leverage the concept of affordable indulgence.
Files included in this report: