FMCG Gurus – Medical Nutrition – Global Report – 2023
This report explores consumer behaviors and attitudes when it comes to food, drink, dietary supplements, and medical nutrition products. The report provides analysis into certain health criteria and medical nutrition products. Our findings explore the barriers consumers face when it comes to medical nutrition. In addition, our findings reveal actionable recommendations for brands in the medical nutrition market when targeting consumers.
This report will look at the following areas:
- Insights into the diagnosis of certain health issues among global consumers and the specific products prescribed or recommended by hospitals or healthcare professionals to aid recovery or manage health. Also, revealing whether these products were paid for by consumers, free or partially paid for by the health care system, or claiming parts or all back via healthcare insurance.
- The reasons certain products are recommended to consumers and insights into the dosage and usage period of these products.
- Consumer behaviors and preferences regarding different types of protein and omega sources.
- The extent to which healthcare professionals explain the medical/health benefits and ingredients of recommended products.
- The different levels of consumer understanding around the role of recommended products in their recovery of health problems and how informed consumers are about the duration needed to consume the products.
- Insights into higher doses of certain nutrients compared to the average person and the information provided by healthcare professionals about the importance of certain components in diets.
- The most appealing food and drink product attributes and claims to consumers.
- Consumer perceptions around the ease of using food, drink, dietary supplements, medical nutrition products, and product packaging.
- Consumer perceptions regarding the preferred flavors, textures, and product formats.
- The proportion of consumers who suffered certain side effects from certain products.
- The sources consumers turn to for finding nutritional food, drink, dietary supplements, and medical nutrition products.
- Consumer attitudes around how food, drink, dietary supplements, and medical nutrition products can be improved.
How this will help - Medical Nutrition in 2023:
- Develop strategies that help enable medical nutrition users to get maximum effectiveness from the products recommended.
- Ensure that healthcare professionals are communicating vital information about products and health in general.
- Focus on innovation from a formulation and sensory perspective to ensure that medical nutrition products are deemed compromise-free and easy to use.
Files included in this report: