FMCG Gurus – Packaging Trends in 2024 – Global Report
This report explores the various packaging trends in the food and drink industry. Our findings offer insight into consumer behaviors and attitudes toward the most appealing types of packaging, and the concerns around certain types of packaging. The report reveals consumer perceptions around sustainability, safety and features, design and awareness, and more. In addition, our findings present actionable recommendations for brands operating in packaging.
This report will look at the following areas:
- The proportion of consumers who say they recycle either most or all the time and the reasons for this.
- The proportion of consumers who say it is difficult to recycle certain types of packaging materials and the problems consumers face when recycling.
- How aware consumers are about certain types of environmentally-friendly packaging claims and how important they deem these claims.
- The kinds of features consumers find appealing when determining whether packaging is environmentally friendly or not.
- Perceptions of trust around trusting certain types of brands in relation to environmental packaging claims made.
- The impact of the cost of living crisis on consumers’ ability to purchase products with sustainable credentials.
- The types of packaging innovations consumers think would positively influence their decision when buying a product.
- Concerns around certain types of packaging and the most important packaging claims.
- Consumer confidence around the pictures on product packaging and whether they are a fair representation of the product inside.
- Perceptions around stand-out and unusual packaging.
- Notions around premium packaging and what consumers associate with this.
- Consumer perceptions around augmented reality.
How This Report Can Benefit the Industry:
- Inspiring innovation: This report aims to help the industry navigate product packaging in the food and drink industry by using consumer insights to suggest opportunities and innovation for making packaging more appealing to consumers.
- Barriers: Understanding the existing barriers and challenges that come with product packaging and presenting solutions to combat this.
Files included in this report: