FMCG Gurus – The Need for Self-Regulation in the Functional Food and Drink Market – Global Report
This report explores consumer behaviors of self-regulation when it comes to the functional food and drink market. The report offers insight into the barriers consumers face when leading a healthy lifestyle. Our findings explore consumer perceptions around health claims and clinically-proven evidence on functional food and drink brands. Our findings reveal actionable recommendations for brands in the functional food, drink, and supplement markets when targeting consumers.
This report will look at the following areas:
- The impact of health-washing on long-term legacy issues for the functional market and for consumer trust.
- Insights into the kinds of challenges consumers face when leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Defining proactive and reactive consumers and outlining their attitudes and behaviors regarding food and beverages with added health benefits.
- Consumer attitudes and behaviors regarding the cost-of-living crisis and the ways this is affecting the functional food and drink market.
- The reasons why consumers do not use functional and fortified food and drink products.
- Consumer perceptions around Covid-19 and the vaccine.
- The most appealing products consumers seek out to boost their health.
- The steps consumers take and the kinds of sources consumers use to seek out new functional food and drink products.
- Insights into the impact and importance of clinically-proven evidence on packaging.
- How perceptions of value are enhanced by certain product attributes on health products.
- Consumer behaviors regarding their health, including the steps they have taken in the last two years to improve their health.
- How consumers measure their health and their immunity.
How this will help - The Need for Self-Regulation in the Functional Food and Drink Market:
- Encourage the industry to take a self-regulated approach to monitor health claims by promoting the dangers of “bad” innovation.
- Emphasize the importance of validation, transparency, and education, to maximize perceptions of trust within the health and wellness market.
- Take inspiration from examples of what not to do when targeting health-conscious consumers.
Files included in this report: