FMCG Gurus – What’s New for Clean Label – Global Report – 2023
This report explores consumer perceptions and behaviors around clean labels on food and drink packaging. The report offers insight into consumers’ changing approaches to their health, through their diets and lifestyle choices. Our findings explore the kinds of natural and authentic claims and labeling that appeal to consumers when choosing between food and drink products.
This report will look at the following areas:
- Consumer awareness around the phrase “clean label” and thoughts on what consumers associate this phrase with.
- The extent to which consumers are using methods of avoidance and moderation when buying food and drink products, which align with the health-conscious approach from many consumers.
- Attitudes and behaviors toward the naturalness of food and drink and how important consumers deem this.
- Product categories that are most important to consumers in terms of naturalness.
- Insights into the most influential claims to consumers when choosing between food and drink.
- How perceptions of value are shaped for food and drink, exploring the importance of natural coloring in food and drink and organic ingredients.
- Consumer attitudes towards regenerative farming and agriculture, and their perceptions of brands who are involved in this.
- The challenges consumers are facing when reading nutritional labelling and the ways that brands can improve this.
How this will help - What’s New for Clean Label:
- Monitor the continued evolution of the clean label market and what claims are most likely to shape perceptions that products are deemed to be green and clean.
- Promote the benefits associated with real and authentic food and drink and what free-from claims consumers most like to see on product packaging.
- Identify opportunities and barriers that exist from a labeling perspective and the role that nutritional information plays when choosing food and drink.
Files included in this report: