FMCG Gurus – Addressing Food Waste and Shortages – Global Report – 2023
This report explores food waste and shortages in 2023. The report offers insight into consumers’ environmental concerns regarding food production and the impact of the industry on global warming, climate change, and biodiversity. Our findings explore consumer perceptions regarding upcycled ingredients and products with an extended shelf life. In addition, the report examines consumer attitudes toward alternative protein sources, protein hybrids, and cultivated products.
This report will look at the following areas:
- Consumer levels of concern for the state of the environment.
- The specific areas of global warming and climate change that consumers are concerned about.
- Insights into consumer concerns around biodiversity.
- Consumer attitudes and behaviors regarding their contributors to food waste.
- Consumer perceptions regarding products with an extended shelf life and upcycled ingredients.
- Insights into concerns around food shortages in comparison with previous years.
- Consumer attitudes toward alternative protein sources, protein hybrids, and cultivated products.
How this will help - Addressing Food Waste and Shortages:
- Assess the extent to which consumers are concerned about food supply chains, and how they expect the industry to help address these issues.
- Evaluate the biggest challenges faced to food and drink supply chains over the next decade.
- Devise new solutions around packaging, upcycled ingredients, and alternative protein sources that help address food waste and shortages.
Files included in this report: